Wooden Snowflake Art


Hi everybody! I'm poor I was absent for almost a sum week, but later on the 12 consecutive days of Christmas Ornaments, I was exhausted, I approximate you lot too, of seeing my posts every day! So, I took a lilliputian break, inward part, to set things inward social club in addition to to start out to decorate the domicile for the holidays.

As I told you lot before, this yr I'm going for a ruddy in addition to white theme. It was a determination I took later on talking to my son, I was like, I desire a white Christmas, but he replied, what's your matter amongst turning everything white?!  I similar the multi-colored lights on the Christmas tree in addition to the color simply about the house, please, COLOR! So, ruddy was variety of a compromise, since it's his favorite color ;)

My projection today, large in addition to small-scale snowflakes, a re-purposed projection using the locomote yesteryear of i of those flimsy 3 legged side tables for the biggest snowflake in addition to a wire spool circle for the medium snowflake.


The materials you'll need:

  • 3 wooden circles  (19½", 14½", 10¾")
  • pencil
  • ruler
  • Jig saw or BladeRunner
  • Paint
  • Patterns constitute here in addition to here.
The diameter of the tabletop is almost 20", it's difficult to come upwards up amongst a pattern or printable of this size, equally good it's real tardily to brand it, in addition to this is how:

1. Mark the middle of the circle in addition to using a ruler (I used my foursquare ruler), draw both sides of the ruler over the marked center.

2. Do the same across the start lines.
3. Trace both lines right away inward a diagonal way.
4. Once again, draw the lines on the terminal diagonal way.


Once I finished tracing the lines I idea they were too chunky in addition to I went in i lawsuit to a greater extent than in addition to re-traced them amongst a thinner ruler (1½").

The terminal usage is to depict the divide ends. Find the middle inward betwixt each snowflake branch. Then, going 4" from the halt of each branch, draw on both sides of the ruler, leaving a small-scale infinite at the marked center.

For the medium snowflake, you lot tin respect the quarter pattern HERE. I worked simply about the holes that were already inward this circle.

For the small-scale snowflake you lot tin respect the one-half pattern HERE.

It's right away fourth dimension to cutting the snowflakes out. You tin usage a mitt saw, a jig saw or equally I did, a Rockwell Tools BladeRunner X2, it makes this variety of locomote in addition to hence EASY! No clamps needed, you lot simply usage both hands to direct the wood.


The cuts are PERFECT! I'm gonna fifty-fifty usage the leftover pieces. ;)

Then, it was fourth dimension to paint, well, primer first, but the spray pigment didn't stick that good on the edges of the flakes.

So, my handy non bad helper gave them 2 coats amongst acrylic paints.

Of course, they accept to locomote red!

My adjacent postal service is all well-nigh how they await on my Christmas mantel.

Check it out correct HERE.

m poor I was absent for almost a sum calendar week Wooden Snowflake Art