Leather Drawer/Cabinet Pulls

leather parts of women bags are repurposed every bit drawer pulls Leather Drawer/Cabinet Pulls


As promised inwards  my previous post, this is the "how the leather pulls made it to the hutch".
I liked the master pulls the cabinet had, but when I went to install them inwards the "new" white cabinet they were simply likewise much.
The contrast was big, as well as the fact that instantly I had a drawer handbasket that also needed something to describe it out, made me instruct as well as notice some other solution for the pulls.

leather parts of women bags are repurposed every bit drawer pulls Leather Drawer/Cabinet Pulls

I tried some other pulls I had on hand, none of them represent quite nicely.
Then, I recollect my pocketbook parts!
Every fourth dimension ane of my bags is likewise old/damaged to give it away, I accept away all the parts I intend are practiced to re-purpose on other projects.
This detail pocketbook was a practiced replica, hand-me-down from my sister. She gave it to me because it was likewise heavy (no wonder, amongst all these extras!), I didn't heed it, I simply loved it as well as used it until ane of the handles broke. These are the parts that were saved from the bag. I used ane of those parts roughly the stump tabular array on my Valentine Mantel here.

The 5 pieces needed were cutting to size, rounding the end. Using a leather punch tool, the holes were opened.
leather parts of women bags are repurposed every bit drawer pulls Leather Drawer/Cabinet Pulls

Not having luck finding a improve looking alternative, uncomplicated screws were used to attach them to the drawers/doors. You tin clearly run across my miserable chore amongst the gilded painted screws as well as washers :)
leather parts of women bags are repurposed every bit drawer pulls Leather Drawer/Cabinet Pulls



For the cabinet pulls alone ane screw was used.

In my opinion, this solution worked improve to integrate the handbasket as well as the drawers.

Do you lot run across the door non closing all the way? The screw belongings the describe is likewise long 1½", I demand to purchase a 1¼" instead ;)

Here again, the 4 pulls.


For the consummate hutch makeover click HERE. Have you lot re-purposed pocketbook parts? How close your belts? What receive got you lot done amongst them?



For to a greater extent than repurposed ideas banking concern check these:

leather parts of women bags are repurposed every bit drawer pulls Leather Drawer/Cabinet Pulls






Have a swell day!



leather parts of women bags are repurposed every bit drawer pulls Leather Drawer/Cabinet Pulls

 My uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Savvy Southern Style,  Stone Gable French Country CottageFunky Junk Interiors,  Thrifty Decor Chick ,  Between Naps on the Porch,  Uncommon Tatertotandjello,