Diy - Kitchen Herb Planter

Build your ain herb planter for your kitchen window ledge DIY - Kitchen Herb Planter

This projection was done a yr agone every bit a contributor postal service to Pretty Handy Girl. I'm happy to study that it served me pretty good all Summer long too for the close business office of Fall. The herbs that thrived were basil, parsley too thyme. Mint too oregano did OK, precisely past times the halt of Summer they were gone. Cilantro was the worst, a yoke of weeks afterward it was planted, it died. :(


This yr the box got a novel expect too I solely planted the 3 herbs I intend we're going to purpose the most.

The box per nation was built to tally on the ledge inwards my kitchen window which is solely 5" deep,  I couldn't uncovering a long planter to tally inwards there.  Having fresh herbs was something I actually wanted to accept inwards my kitchen.

The materials:

It all depends on how big or pocket-sized you lot wishing your planter to be.
  • I used  1 x iv for the bottom too the 2 rounded halt panels. Ends cutting at 15° angle.
  • ¼ x half dozen for the forepart too dorsum side panels (I had to purpose ¼" cloth because of my lack of space). Cut at desired size too both ends at a 15° angle




  • Wood glue
  • Sand newspaper / sander
  • Plastic material
  • Decorative paint
You tin dismiss create it amongst a uncomplicated manus saw, hammer too nails precisely it would live less labor intense if you lot have:
  • Pneumatic smash gun
  • Jigsaw
  • Miter saw
  • Hot gum gun
Instructions:
-Glue too smash the side panels to the the bottom panel.

-Cut the halt pieces, recall that the bottom border of those panels accept to live cutting at a 15° angle. The rounded laissez passer on business office is done using a jigsaw.

Both ends tin dismiss at 1 time live attached past times applying to a greater extent than or less forest gum too driving to a greater extent than or less nails.


Fill the gaps too smash holes amongst caulk. Sand it pretty well.
The decorative possibilities are endless, you lot tin dismiss larn out it similar that, you lot tin dismiss add together a quote or stencil a design. This yr I decided to pigment it white too add together a chalkboard.

The heavy plastic cloth to waterproof it was notwithstanding inwards perfect condition. It was done when the planter was built past times hot gluing it to the inside.  Set your hot gum gun at a medium estrus setting.
-Cut the plastic cloth to the within dimensions.  Add 2 inches to that dimension and cutting it.
-Hot gum 1" strips of cardboard to the long sides of the plastic material.


-Fit the plastic cloth within the planter too hot glued it inwards place.
-Your planter is at 1 time cook to live filled.

Just every bit lastly year, a layer of rocks was offset seat to assist amongst drainage.


Well, 1 time filled amongst reason too plants, this is how it looks:

I'm crossing my fingers for the parsley roots, from lastly year, to sprout again.


Lately, I've been using lots of rosemary, I'm hoping for it to produce good too maybe to deed it to a novel container past times Christmas time. ;)

Dill is to a greater extent than or less other 1 I'm trying this year. I'm loving a baked murphy recipe that includes lots of dill.

Well, maybe side past times side yr I'll live dorsum hither reporting how this batch did.


Happy planting!