Install Cut Back Merely About Door Niche

m then happy to partner alongside Rockwell tools for the completion of this projection Install Trim Around Door Niche

I'm then happy to partner alongside Rockwell tools for the completion of this project. But, I'm to a greater extent than than happy to know that 1 of y'all tin displace live on the winner of 1 of their awesome tools!

I'll verbalize to y'all virtually that inward a minute. First, let's verbalize virtually this project. This was 1 of those ii inward 1 projects, where you're to a greater extent than excited virtually 1 of those said projects, but inward lodge to achieve it y'all require to start tackle the 1 that's non that exciting.

This is how the entrance of my sleeping accommodation used to look, this is from the within of the room. I ever wanted to install molding all but about the niche but about the door (kind of a dull project). Lately, alongside all the organization I'm trying to seat into this room, I decided that a jewelry box would stand upwards for perfectly inward this infinite too.

So, I instantly ready to work... Trim + Jewelry box, of course of pedagogy the jewelry box was the fun project.
But, start things first... The skinny cut down but about the door too the baseboards were removed.

Using 1x3 too 1x6  the cut down was installed but about the door, top too left side of the entrance. The conception for the jewelry box was to conduct keep it installed inward betwixt the studs on the correct wall, concealing it alongside the trim. My son's sleeping accommodation is on the other side of this wall, no require to worry virtually H2O lines, opposite to the other wall where at that topographic point is a shower, a pipage must live on running all along that side.
Even earlier I began installing the trim, I knew at that topographic point was a stud correct inward the middle of my hereafter jewelry box, I decided to move but about it.

Just to brand certain the wall was clear (besides the stud inward the middle!), using the Rockwell Sonicrafter X2 1 pocket-size opening was done on the Sheetrock. Everything looked OK. :)

Since I couldn't come across by the other side of the stud, some other hole was done to clear things upwards on that side too, but ho-ho, non then fast! Two pipes + a traverse slice of stud were inward there. :(  I was surprised the stud finder didn't indicate that stud?! Perhaps the fact that at that topographic point is some infinite betwixt the slice of forest too the drywall made the stud finder teach silent?  I was then glad I didn't cutting through those pipes! This is the perfect instance of how overnice is to move alongside the correct tools :)  Cutting the drywall alongside the Sonicrafter X2 was real easy, I ready the speed at a comfortable tardily speed too I didn't force the blade all the agency through, puff... it was scary to come across those pipes. I assume those are some sort of air pipes, the principal air duct is similar ii feet away.

After finding those pipes inward the wall, the jewelry box projection got cancelled. I meliorate discovery some other wall for this.
My adjacent movement was to closed those holes too overstep on installing the cut down on that side of the wall.

The finally role was to install cut down all but about the forepart face, the skinny cut down taken from but about the door was re-purposed here.

After caulking, sanding too giving everything 3 coats of paint, this is how it looks:

It's been a long ride alongside this sleeping accommodation makeover. I yet require to pigment the doors, modify the hardware, supervene upon the carpet, install the baseboard too decorate all around.

m then happy to partner alongside Rockwell tools for the completion of this projection Install Trim Around Door Niche

Stay tuned because my adjacent projection also brings some other amazing Rockwell Tool Giveaway, but inward fourth dimension for Mother's day!

:)

For to a greater extent than Master Bedroom projects, cheque these out:

Install mistaken wooden beams
How to cut down a window
DIY Bookcases alongside Fireplace
Repurpose a Wooden Divider every bit Headboard
Christmas inward the Bedroom