Ugly Drinking Glass Lamps Transformed

Oh boy, I direct maintain to tell you, my invitee is already abode amongst me, her room was finished only inwards time, but I haven't had the fourth dimension to edit or accept some extra pictures I need, or write virtually all that was done inwards it. I've been playing the host business office really well, visiting places or then town, hiking, swimming, as well as the calendar week has only started.  :)

Reveal fourth dimension is speedily approaching but inwards the meantime, I'm going to present you lot some of the projects that kept me busy these yesteryear weeks, as well as this is i of those.
I actually liked the light I had inwards my inspiration board, then I tried to re-create truthful cat it ;)

I'm non likewise proud to tell I bought this couplet of lamps inwards the moving ikon below, I didn't fifty-fifty similar them when I bought them, but at the fourth dimension my budget solely allowed me to larn these ones. Eventually nosotros upgraded them as well as I did't throw them away thinking that maybe someday I mightiness ask the electrical parts to create something else. Well, it never happened, they were inwards the basement looking the same agency equally when I bought them. :/

Since I was trying to purpose everything I had on manus for the invitee room makeover, the couplet of lamps looked similar a overnice alternative. First of all, they were cleaned really well.

My inspiration light had those overnice bumps as well as that, perhaps, was the characteristic I loved the most virtually it. I decided my lamps had to had the bumps at the laissez passer on of the vase too.

Using Polymer clay remnants my immature lady had (and she has a lot of those "trash" pieces), I created the bumps, no exact dimensions or shapes whatsoever. They went into the oven according to the clay instructions...

And equally shortly equally they cooled downward they were create to endure attached to the vases amongst a hot gum gun.

Then, the magic of pigment began. The brass parts were spray painted argent as well as taped off earlier ikon the vase. Two coats of primer were applied.

Followed yesteryear 2 coats of cerise paint.

The petty bumps got dry out brushed lightly amongst white paint.

Finally a switcheroo of shades was done as well as the lamps were totally transformed! I similar the novel shades, they were bought at Target long fourth dimension agone for solely $5.99 each.

 Love the within blueprint on them, as well as how overnice they travel amongst the brilliant cerise vases.

I similar them! The color, the shades, the bumps, as well as they larn then good inwards this room!

I'm then glad I didn't larn rid of them.


:)

More virtually this room:
How the room looked before, right HERE.
The administration I desire to give this room HERE.
Painted Designs on Floor, right HERE.
Diy Daybed from boundary box
Office chair makeover
Old Window Memo Board
Diy Round Mirror
Tripod Side Table
Table Makeover
Black out curtains
Full room reveal



t had the fourth dimension to edit or accept some extra pictures I ask Ugly Glass Lamps Transformed