Diy - Tripod Side Table

How to plough a tripod into a footling side tabular array DIY - Tripod Side Table

This footling tabular array was of the the items done for the guest room reveal. Even though it was hard to notice it because of all the lite coming from the window, my friend Beck spotted it immediately, non surprisingly, she is a photographer's mother.  ;)
The tabular array was born out of necessity. Since the bed is a daybed, both side tables are a fight useless when you're laying down.

I wanted my guests to conduct keep something at their side to house a mass or a drinking glass of H2O when they're inward bed rather than going over their heads to attain the side table.
How to plough a tripod into a footling side tabular array DIY - Tripod Side Table

Of course, the most of import special you lot involve to create this variety of tabular array is a tripod. I had this i that our friend gave us a distich months ago. He was getting rid of lots of materials because he is moving out of state, too this tripod came amongst us amongst lots of other items. I conduct keep to say, it's non i of the strongest tripods I've seen, inward fact is i of those I telephone telephone "chepo" tripods (sorry almost that, friend ;), I was non going to utilization it for its intended purpose, a footling tabular array that I could easily motion around the family was a meliorate choice for this baby ;)
How to plough a tripod into a footling side tabular array DIY - Tripod Side Table

The slice that its supposed to concur the photographic television camera inward house was easily taken off yesteryear precisely getting rid of a screw, non the same for the transcend business office of the pole (the dark cap the arrow is pointing at), I didn't run across a screw belongings it inward place, I tried hard to line it off but no, it didn't budge. It looked similar it was glued on. :/

So, I educate the whole tripod, or what remained of it, on the vise too using gentle persuasion...   :)

Two big whacks too it flew away ;)

With the tripod gratis of unwanted items, the adjacent footstep was finding a skillful tabletop. ¾" plywood remnants came inward handy. You tin give notice utilization a jig saw to cutting out the circle, I used my Rockwell BladeRunner too fifty-fifty though at that topographic point is a special attachment to create perfect circles, I precisely used the regular machinery too my circle was actually good. (12" diam.)

The edges were a fight rough, a skillful sanding is a must.

In gild to attach the circular tabletop to the tripod I bought a ¾" metallic flooring flange too ¾" x 2" pipe. I was a fight chocked at how expensive those flanges were $10/each!

I couldn't uncovering a meliorate alternative, too I was happy they check nicely on the tripod, equally you lot tin give notice see.

Attaching them to the underneath of the tabletop was easy, middle the flange, score the locations too practice pre-drills earlier driving the screws.
Once the flange too pipage were inward place, hot mucilage was added to the transcend pole of the tripod earlier bringing it into the pipe.  Work quickly, the hot mucilage dries fast, I had to care pushing downward the tripod onto the pipage because the mucilage was getting hard.

Finally, the tabletop was stained too its rim was painted blue, it also got blueish booties. ;)

There are some bumps on the edges of the tabletop, those were the times it dropped spell working on it. :/

I similar it, though it's non a rigid table, it all depends on the variety of tripod you lot use. The fact that I tin give notice suit its meridian is real convenient too.
How to plough a tripod into a footling side tabular array DIY - Tripod Side Table


More Guest Room projects:
Final Reveal
How the room looked before, right HERE.
The direction I wanted to give to this room HERE.
Painted Designs on Floor, right HERE.
Diy Daybed from jump box
Old Lamps transformed
Office chair makeover
Old window memo board
Diy Round Mirror
Table Makeover
Black out curtains