Fabric Painted Chairs


H5N1 yoke of weeks agone I spotted a Craiglist advertising for roughly chairs, a shop inward the surface area was closing as well as they were giving them for free. The ones I was interested inward were roughly swivel purpose chairs the master copy post had, thence I went to selection them upwards as well as create roughly other errands inward that area.
Well, when I arrived, the swivel chairs were gone!
These were the ones left, in that place were also roughly cabinets as well as roughly to a greater extent than plastic purpose chairs on the other side.

Hmmm I was non interested inward those "leather" chairs :)  I grabbed 2 amongst textile material.

I idea almost using them inward my office, but that room is serving also many purposes correct now, equally an office, invitee room, as well as storage space. There is nevertheless a bed inward in that place since nosotros had a guest... who knows when! That's why I brought the chairs to the solid unit of measurement room. When my hubby saw them, he said they looked similar hotel room chairs. I couldn't concur to a greater extent than :/  and correct thence as well as in that place I began thinking on how to modify them.

The color was OK but again, they were also nighttime for my space, they await improve inward these pictures amongst all the lite that was purring in. I didn't desire to re-upholster them. Too much work + textile ;)
I decided to pigment the fabric, using these chairs equally "guinea pigs". I accept roughly other fix of chairs - fly dorsum chairs that I was thinking on doing the same, but I was hesitant on doing it to those chairs since they are of a improve quality.

This is how it all went:

First I painted the wooden parts. 2 coats habitation made chalk-paint.


I also usage habitation made chalk-paint to pigment the fabric. As you lot run across inward the left motion painting below, solely i coat was roofing lots. That commencement coat of pigment took me similar 2 hours to consummate on solely i chair!

For the commencement chair I used a Purdy pigment brush to pigment most of the chair. I had to come upwards dorsum to pigment the tufted dorsum amongst a smaller brush, going inward betwixt the folds as well as within the holes, that was the hardest part.

For the minute chair I didn't usage the Purdy brush. Wearing a plastic glove I painted it amongst my hand, my fingers worked improve to apply pigment inward all those folds. Painting it this agency was faster since that stuff absorbed LOTS of pigment as well as amongst my mitt I merely slapped the pigment on.

I waited 24 hours for the pigment to dry, though they felt dry out at the terminate of the day. They looked horrible! At that betoken I fifty-fifty considered throwing them away but anyhow I continued because thence many people accept done this as well as they had giving it proficient reviews!

The minute coat made them await thence much better. Look at the difference!

The minute coat went on faster than the commencement one, I used the pigment brush again. I decided 2 coats were all they needed.  Both chairs got 2 coats of paint.

They looked proficient but they were outrageously rough! The textile had turned into sand paper! As shortly equally they were dry out I brought them dorsum to the garage for a proficient sanding.

It was similar 24 hours subsequently the minute coat. The pigment was dry. I began using a sanding block on the dorsum of the chairs afraid that the bluish color would exhibit up, but no, :) They sustained a heavy sanding without whatever damage. The sanding worked wonders I gave particular attending to the topographic point as well as those arm rests, I didn't desire anyone amongst scratched arms!

See the difference:

After dusting them really well, the wooden parts got waxed. I'm nevertheless trying to improve my operate amongst the nighttime wax ;)

And they were DONE!

This is my thought on this whole project:
It was non easy. I idea upholstering them would've been easier (well, variety of 50/50 because removing staples isn't slow either). The commencement coat of pigment took forever as well as the sanding was also exhausting.
Do I similar the look? Yes! When I'm inward the kitchen as well as at the far terminate I run across my novel pair of white chairs they await lovely, merely similar inward these pictures. I similar how they are non shiny, I didn't desire whatever shine on the fabric, that's why I didn't apply wax on it.
Do I similar how they feel? No. They are non rough, they are polish but they experience similar plastic material. When my immature adult woman sat for the commencement fourth dimension on i of the chairs she said: "it feels similar I'm sitting on an onetime marshmallow", I justice that's non also proficient ;)

I'm going to maintain them correct hither where they are. If I run across whatever changes I'll update this post.
For the fly dorsum chairs I mean value I'm going to skip the pigment treatment, they're going to live upholstered.

The chairs were painted amongst habitation made chalkpaint -custom colors - Find the recipe HERE.





 H5N1 yoke of weeks agone I spotted a Craiglist advertising for roughly chairs Fabric Painted Chairs