Quick Pigment Update To A Dresser

This dresser is i of those items y'all retrieve having for the most purpose of your life, a swell slice of slice of furniture that y'all yet mean value is a valuable piece, but you're non that crazy virtually it whatever longer.


Well, that's how Mr. RLC felt virtually this piece, he was really proud to convey this dresser to our almost empty novel habitation xx years ago, together with he yet likes it, but he was opened upward to give it a needed update.

Besides taking off the mirror, nil was done to it during all those years.  It is yet a strong, audio slice that I similar to give-up the ghost along inward my bedroom.
The update was quick, merely paint. I used chalk-paint, since I wanted a calorie-free distressed look. For this detail projection I gave the habitation made chalk-paint a try, inward favor of keeping costs down.
There are many recipes on the spider web for DIY chalk-paint, some of them similar here, or this one here the i I followed since I already had POP.

I used:
DIY-chalk-paint made past times mixing regular pigment (Valspar Dove white), amongst H2O together with POP.
Annie Sloan nighttime wax
Annie Sloan clear wax
Sand paper

With record I covered the transcend of the dresser from beingness painted.

I pick out tried ASCP together with couldn't goal comparison my DIY version to hers. Well, I'm non disappointed ;)  Here is amongst solely i coat.

Two coats together with it was done.

H5N1 280-grid sand newspaper was used to give it a calorie-free distressed look.  I used nighttime wax on all the crevices (it's hardly noticeable), but together with thence clear wax was used all roughly the painted areas.

I did  the same to the handles.

Since I didn't pigment the transcend of the dresser or the drawers, this was a really quick update.  For directly I'm happy amongst how it looks, but who knows, peradventure afterwards on I mightiness pigment the whole thing.



Have y'all given DIY- chalk-paint a try? Do y'all desire to portion your recipe? Leave me your link inward the comments department ;)