Valentine Mantel 2014


Hi everyone!
It's been a though calendar week amongst the mister sick too at abode all these days. The boy got sick too, too simply yesterday I began feeling all the same influenza symptoms they were experiencing at the kickoff of the calendar week  :s I'm non liking it!

I was working on a garland for this mantel but it didn't operate at all. Have you lot been there? I know you lot have! Very disappointing, but I similar the turning quest I went through because it came out ameliorate than expected.


The affair is, I dear this garland! After the Upcycled see art I recall this is my favorite business office of this mantel ;) Those are luncheon handbag newspaper flowers. I maiden off saw these sort of flowers on Carol's Fall mantel, but you lot tin terminate abide by the total tutorial Emily has correct HERE for how to brand them.

My variation came past times adding 2 extra sheets of reddish polka-dot wrapping paper, it's dorsum is also brownish which makes it blend real well, both pieces of extra newspaper were positioned correct inward the middle of the others amongst the polka-dots facing each other. I used a heavy duty stapler to secure all those folds.

After fluffing them, too inward lodge to hang them from the spell of jute ribbon on the mantel, real pocket-sized metallic clips were camouflaged amongst 2 hearts on the same type of paper.

The XOXO garland is 1 of those dollar finds at Target, I replaced the reddish ribbon it came amongst past times a spell of jute rope.

Candles, candle sticks, too pino cones are the items I chose to decorate my mantel this year, sort of rustic amongst opaque reddish accents.

Heart candle votives my miss created convey to a greater extent than or less to a greater extent than of that Valentine flair.

My one-time tree stump tabular array got covered amongst a sea-grass runner I bought final twelvemonth at Marshals, the leather accessories came from 1 of my bags ;) it was then one-time I had to throw it away but non without removing all those footling details I loved then much too that were all the same inward perfect shape.

Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 pocket-sized bouquet, 3 of my newspaper flowers, made it hither too, its vase, a wooden spool.

The pocket-sized pillow got "Valentinezed" amongst a elementary embroidered heart.

I was sort of surprised when later taking off the slipcover the chair had sported for then long, I constitute out the same circle pattern equally inward the see :)


It looks similar it was all meant to travel ;)

XOXO,



s been a though calendar week amongst the mister sick too at abode all these days Valentine Mantel 2014


Linked political party at: