A Repurposed Drawer


One to a greater extent than particular lingering inwards the garage was this drawer, it was a desk's middle drawer, the 2 towers of drawers on each side of the desk is some other projection I'm working on.


I had no plans for this drawer in addition to I but wanted to accept it out of the garage. So, afterward giving it a skillful await I decided to plough it into a tray/basket, to live on placed on top of a java tabular array or on my kitchen isle filling it amongst fruits.
The dimensions of the drawer 21" x 19" in addition to particularly the how shallow it is, solely 3¼" deep, made become for a berry picking handbasket look, those amongst a long handle.
So, the rootage thing to practise was to build clean the drawer pretty good in addition to take the petty thingy to concord pencils in addition to stuff.

Since the drawer had a actually overnice looking front, I decided to give a real like handling to the dorsum of it. H5N1 left over slice of molding was cutting to surroundings the dorsum of the drawer. Before attaching the molding amongst gum in addition to staples that thinga maginga on the drawer was cutting off to become far flat.

Again, leftover pieces of plywood (14"x 2¼") were rounded at the top in addition to attached to the middle sides of the drawer amongst screws.

After filling upward the holes in addition to crannies amongst caulking in addition to sanding it pretty well, this is how my berry picking handbasket looked:

That large base of operations was screaming for a sign. You tin download them HERE in addition to HERE. This fourth dimension I decided to create stencils amongst Contact paper, instead of ikon the letters 1 yesteryear 1 amongst a pigment brush. Well, cutting in addition to then many letters took forever, my pointing finger was real sore at the end.  I intend I'm going to stick to the ikon the letters amongst an creative mortal brush for my futurity projects. ;)

The skillful purpose is, ikon is a breeze in addition to yous cease upward amongst perfect lines!

Once dry, the letters were distressed, I used 220 grid sand paper, the acrylic pigment came off quite easily. After a skillful cleaning, 3 coats of clear Poly were applied to the whole base of operations to protect the sign.

For the grip the almost warped slice of 1 x 2 was cutting to size in addition to attached amongst screws. The grip parts in addition to all the exterior of the handbasket was stained.

Finally, inwards lodge to encompass the holes from the drawers hardware, chalk pigment was applied to the front end in addition to dorsum sides.

So, I went picking apples. :)

Once Spring comes approximately I volition live on picking berries.


Or equally a affair of fact, whatsoever fruit volition live on OK. They all would await actually overnice inwards this fruit basket!

What get got yous repurposed lately?

You tin also cheque my Fall Signs from repurposed drawer sides HERE.

Or a pumpkin made out of ribbon spools HERE.



Thanks for stopping by!