How To Blackout Business Store-Bought Drapes - No Sew


This projection was done during those ii hectic weeks earlier my invitee larn inwards this by Summer. The whole guest room was updated on a thrifty agency in addition to I was also looking for thrifty window options. I already had the blackout roman shade but equally I told y'all before, my husband hated how lines of low-cal passed through the sides of the shade.

So, I planned on leaving the roman shade, but adding drapes to gear upwards the lawsuit of the low-cal coming through the sides. My outset idea was to sew together a duet of blackout lined burlap panels in addition to I fifty-fifty bought the twenty feet of burlap I needed ---> roughly $60. Yikes! non equally inexpensive equally I thought. :/ 

Then, luck stroke... I won a $50 Home Goods gift card, hence I went shopping, I was mainly looking for accessories, but then, I happened to encounter these oversized drapery panels, 2/pcs for exclusively $30! Of course of written report I bought them. The cost was expert in addition to I didn't fifty-fifty stimulate got to sew together them!

At home, I asked my immature lady to gibe ane of the panels against all the low-cal coming thru the window, ha, almost encounter thru. :)  Even amongst the burlap, I knew I had to add together the blackout. The expert affair was, I already had the blackout stuff from some quondam drapes.

Before I say y'all what was done, I stimulate got to warn you: This is a Non-Professional agency to business your drapes. It works, it's easy, y'all don't fifty-fifty demand to sew together it, but if you're a perfectionist, perchance this is non the agency y'all should go.
I've sewn drape panels from scratch, I've lined them inwards a supposedly professional person way, but I hated it. Dealing amongst those large panels, passing them through the sewing machine, is non easy. When I did it, I wished I had a gigantic tabular array to Fe the whole thing, to pinned it, but no, working on the flooring is the exclusively option, fifty-fifty this fourth dimension around. :(
So, this is how it all went.  
1. The drape panel was placed apartment on the floor, correct side down. 
2. The blackout panel was placed on top of the drape, correct side up. *Since I already had the blackout panel ready, I had to exercise nothing, all the sides were already hemmed. You only demand to hem the lower business office of the blackout.
The drape panel overhangs virtually 1½" on each side in addition to 1" on the lower part.

As I said before, my blackout stuff was taken from a previous drape, I had to cutting off the pinch pleated top it had.

3. Iron good both fabrics, hence using stitch Witchery tape, hem both sides.

Working on the flooring is unavoidable. :/  Here I am, pressing those seams. There on the dorsum y'all tin encounter the bolt of burlap gear upwards to hold upwards returned.

4. For the top business office I cutting off the grommets, trying to larn out the most I could of the panel. The blackout has to hold upwards 4" or 5" shorter than the panel.

5. In companionship to brand this top business office stronger, a slice of drapery record is added (I had no record at hand, I used a somewhat difficult stuff I could discovery ).  Use the stitch Witchery record to brand the outset plication from the panel to the record in addition to hence from the record to the blackout. Don't forget to unopen both ends too.

And that's it! To brand mine a flake stronger I went ahead in addition to used my sewing machine to stitch the top.
Big divergence huh.

I used drapery clips to hang them inwards place.
It was of import that the panels were oversized ---> 96" long. The elevation of this room is just that, 8' > 96" in addition to expect at how high they went.



Hey, my hubby is happy there's no to a greater extent than low-cal coming inwards from the sides when he uses this room.

:)


More Guest Room projects:
Final Reveal
How the room looked before, right HERE.
The direction I wanted to give to this room HERE.
Painted Designs on Floor, right HERE.
Diy Daybed from leap box
Old Lamps transformed
Office chair makeover
Old window memo board
Diy Round Mirror
Diy - Tripod side table
Table Makeover