Halloween - Thanksgiving Banner


The projection today came to life merely subsequently finishing my lastly post ---> the drawer that was turned into a basket, you lot tin banking concern gibe that projection right HERE.
Since my handbasket was inspired yesteryear those one-time berry picking baskets, large grip in addition to all, every moment presently every moment I finished amongst all the icon in addition to was gear upwardly to accept the concluding pictures, I began looking for berry baskets to identify inwards the handbasket for the photograph shoot. I went to my closest grocery stores but couldn't honour any. :(


Then, I recollect the other 24-hour interval I saw several vegetable crates inwards the dorsum parking lot of a unopen yesteryear restaurant, so, I headed at that spot to choice i of the crates in addition to brand my ain berry baskets.

At home, the crate was disassembled...

And amongst 2 pieces of folded woods I began creating the baskets. I was planning on having at to the lowest degree 5 baskets out of i crate but hah, the pieces kept on braking, they didn't crease nicely, they unproblematic broke apart! As a lastly resort I went looking for record to choke on them secured. :/

Only 3 discombobulated baskets made it to the shoot!

Once the pictures were taken, I was gear upwardly to ship the petty baskets to the trash, but thus the hoarder inwards me began telling me...That's wood! What else tin you lot brand out of it? And that's when the banner was born.

The 4¼" foursquare pieces of woods are the perfect size to span upwardly amongst colorful newspaper in addition to burlap ribbon. Since the banner is going to serve 2 purposes, conduct 3 similar sheets of newspaper for each side.

The 3" foursquare pieces of newspaper tin live cutting in addition to glued to the woods planks, impress the words Halloween (Font: Evil of Frankenstein), in addition to Give Thanks (Font: Orniste), cutting them out in addition to gum them on top of the newspaper squares.

Finally, drill 2 holes to the top of each slice of woods in addition to exceed the ribbon thru them.


Eleven pieces are needed -Halloween is exclusively ix letters, but exit 2 blank spaces at each end.

Give Thanks is exclusively ten letters, but amongst the infinite inwards betwixt the 2 words it makes 11.

When gluing the letters on each foursquare recollect that the origin alphabetic quality or infinite on i discussion needs to get got on its dorsum the lastly alphabetic quality of the other side discussion in addition to thus on.

The best business office is, you lot tin utilization the newspaper you lot like, or fifty-fifty the words you lot like.


But the best best is having 2 Holiday banners inwards merely one!

Check how it looks on my Halloween Mantel HERE.
:)