Master Bath Updates Popular Off Along - Diy Fake Granite

I'm on a mission to update our primary bath spending every bit piddling every bit possible amongst maximum strike for my buck.  Last calendar week I added feet as well as handles to the vanity inwards our primary bathroom.  You tin give notice cheque that out here.
This calendar week I've partnered amongst DesignYourWalls.com to transform my vanity move yesteryear to expire the granite hold back I've been longing for.

Here is the vanity earlier amongst a laminate top.
This projection took me less than an sixty minutes as well as completely transformed the hold back of my vanity.  I chose the beige granite from the DesignYourWalls website.  
I started yesteryear completely clearing the vanity move yesteryear as well as making certain the surface was construct clean as well as dry.  The newspaper was non every bit deep every bit my countertop thence I was strategic inwards how I seat out the paper.  The newspaper measures 18" x 49.5 feet thence I had enough of length thence I didn't worry virtually making whatever cuts. It's self adhesive as well as repositionable thence it's forgiving as well as allows you lot to motion it virtually until you lot expire it into the perfect position.

I didn't desire whatever seams nigh the forepart thence I adhered as well as wrapped the newspaper some the forepart of the countertop.  This production is similar to contact paper, but much thicker as well as to a greater extent than substantial.  It also doesn't stick to itself similar most contact newspaper does thence it's real slow to function with.

The telephone substitution to success is making certain at that topographic point aren't whatever bubbles.  Because the newspaper is a flake thicker it is real slow to avoid whatever bubbles.  I used an exacto knife to cutting some the sink. I thence took some other slice of newspaper as well as matched upwardly the seam as well as wrapped the dorsum one-half of the vanity inwards the same way.
Voila!  Instant granite.  I was super careful making certain the dorsum seams lined upwardly precisely as well as it's nearly impossible to uncovering similar a shot that it's all down.  I butted the ii edges upwardly together, non overlapping because that would accept shown.  Even running my mitt along it, it is real difficult to uncovering the seams.  I am super impressed amongst this product.

Here is a closeup.  It actually does hold back similar granite.  It fifty-fifty has the sheen of granite.  It's completely waterproof thence it should move real practical every bit well. In the resultant my tastes alter it's also removable which is great.  I was afraid to try i of those mistaken granite paints...too permanent for me.  
What a huge departure this mistaken granite makes to the bathroom.  
DesignYourWalls has tons of options including a dissever rock paper...
as well as a marble newspaper (I definitely desire to try this i next).

They accept lots of other products also including wallpaper, wall decals, as well as window celluloid to only cite a few.  

It's actually a swell production as well as DesignYourWalls is a swell website.  Hope you lot volition cheque it out.

Can't hold back to postulate heed what you lot intend of my novel granite vanity top.
-Judy

DesignYourWalls sent me a ringlet of granite paper, nevertheless the opinions expressed are all my own.